February 17, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Treats


Do you just ever feel like "Man, I'm sick of being sick!"? That is the thought that has been running through my mind all week. I do not get sick very often.....in fact, I can't remember the last time I was sick and I was just thinking about that last week. Then BAMM, stomach bug....UGH! The odd part is that I can't seem to completely shake it. It's been 5 days and I still don't have an appetite and I don't feel great after I eat. Obviously I love food and cooking, so the fact that I'm not interested in food is starting to get me a little down!

However, it is Friday and it's a long weekend for me so things are looking up :)  So I got to thinking about what little treat would make me feel better and would put a smile on my face, and these little gems came to mind. I love that these are small so you don't feel guilty when you have more than one! I came across these at a bake sale at my son's school many years ago and I thought "Hmmm, interesting!  I gotta try it." and I bought two. Sure enough they turned out to be really yummy, especially if you like peanut butter cups and chocolate chip cookies. Combining these into one treat is pure genius. I don't know who came up with this idea, but kudos to you!!

After that I went home and figured out how to make these on my own.  I have since seen "recipes" for them, but really a formal recipe is not needed...trust me, you an wing it with these! These are perfect for a potluck, BBQ or a bake sale - kids and adults will love these and they will disappear before you know it.

Peanut Butter Cup Treats

One bag of mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
One batch of chocolate chip cookie dough, minus the chocolate chips

A few hours before you want to make these you need to unwrap all the peanut butter cups, place them in a bowl and put in the freezer. Leave them in there long enough to become frozen, at least an hour. 

Prepare a batch of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough, but do not add the chocolate chips. In a mini muffin pan fill each cup halfway with cookie dough.  Put in oven and bake until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.

When you remove the pans from the oven, immediately start placing the mini peanut butter cups into the center of each cup and gently push down until the cookie rises up around the peanut butter cup. Once you are done, put trays into the freezer for about 15 minutes. This just gives it a chance to set and makes it easier to pop them out of the pans.


No comments:

Post a Comment