May 30, 2012

Horseradish & Dill Dipping Sauce


My oldest stepson, Chad, used to work at The Outback Steakhouse years ago.  One day we had Chad and his wife over for dinner, and my husband was cooking a beef roast on the rotisserie.  Chad asked if I had a dipping sauce for the beef, and of course I did not.  He suggested that we whip up a sauce like the one for the beef at The Outback, so he got on the internet and found a "copycat" recipe for it.  Since I like horseradish and dill, I figured I'd give it a try.

We put the sauce together, tasted it, then altered it to suit our preferences.  This sauce is down-right delicious, and perfect on beef!  Either as a dipping sauce for a roast, or on a roast beef sandwich, or (as I soon discovered) it is also fabulous on potatoes.  I bet you could find several uses for this sauce.....it's that good!  Thanks Chad, this one is a keeper.



Horseradish Dipping Sauce

2/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayo
5-7 tsp horseradish
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dried dill (or 1-2 tbsp fresh chopped)

Stir all ingredients together and let set a couple of hours before using.  Excellent on beef!

1 comment: