May 16, 2012

Zucchini Bread


I have to admit, this recipe is not one of my son's favorites...I really don't understand why though, because to me this bread is delicious!  He's not a fan of zucchini period, so maybe he is just hung up on the fact that this bread has zucchini in it.  He'll eat it though, but only if I don't give him a choice.  But, please don't let this confession deter you from trying this recipe - it does not taste like zucchini, I PROMISE!

I actually came across this recipe in a church cookbook that I purchased in Framingham, MA while I was at a yard sale the church was having.  This recipe for zucchini bread is really soooo good - it is the only one I will ever use.  I can't see any reason to try a different recipe because this one is so moist and delicious....why mess with perfection?

If you have a garden and an over abundance of zucchini and are looking for ways to use it up - give this recipe a try.  Everyone will love it .... just give it a different name so little ones won't think it's yucky and refuse to try it! 

Perfectly Moist Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 cups sugar 
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups packed shredded zucchini, unpeeled
8 1/4oz crushed pineapple, drained
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray two 9x5 loaf pans with cooking spray. In a large bowl beat eggs until frothy. Beat in sugar, oil and vanilla and beat until mixture is thick and foamy. Stir in zucchini and pineapple.

In another bowl combine and whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing them from pans and placing onto wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment: