October 18, 2012

Apple Cider Vinaigrette


Making my own dressing is one of those things that I just love to do.  I eat salad for lunch almost everyday of the week for lunch and I always make my own dressing.  It's just healthier, easier and it just tastes better.  You can find my two favorite dressings by clicking here.

Since it's Fall, and since I wanted to try something new, I decided to make an apple cider vinaigrette.  I had some ideas kicking around in my head for a while, so I figured it was time to see how the flavors would come together.  There are three basic parts to a good vinaigrette: vinegar, oil and something like mustard to bind it/emulsify it.  Once you learn that, you can get creative with the ingredients.  The possibilities are endless.  


Needless to say, this dressing turned out perfectly!  It's such a nice and light vinaigrette, and it really turned my salad into a yummy treat.  It was like I hadn't eaten salad in a long time and the next day I was so excited to have it again!  This dressing would be perfect for a fall dinner party...I guarantee your guests will be impressed.

Apple Cider Vinaigrette

1/2 cup apple cider
2 tsp spicy brown mustard

2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp pure maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper

1/3 cup olive oil

In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients expect the olive oil.  Slowly drizzle the oil in while whisking vigorously.  This dressing can be stored in the fridge for a few weeks.

5 comments:

  1. I have just been thinking about making an apple cider vinaigrette, too! My idea was taking a very similar course to the one your dressing took. The dressing ingredients sound delicious! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I just wanted to let you know that I made your chocolate chip cookie recipe, and am in the process in comparing it to my Jacques Torres recipe in the next recipe showdown! Stay tuned! (they were very delicious!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting and also for giving the chocolate chip cookie recipe a try. I can't wait to read what you thought :)

      Delete
  3. ahhh! I've just been pouring apple cider over my salads hahah. I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete