December 17, 2012

Rolo Turtle Treats


A lot of times I find that after a big holiday meal people are too stuffed to eat much dessert.  So, depending on the holiday and/or meal, instead of making a big dessert I will put out a variety of smaller things - like a different types of cookies, chocolates, or things that are more of the bite size variety.  When we have a lot of people over for dinner I like to have options for desserts in hopes that everyone will find something they like to munch on. 

There are also times when I am in a pinch for something to bring to a holiday party, either I am short on time or I just want to bring something other than sugar cookies! This is the perfect little treat that fits the bill for all the above scenarios. Super quick and easy to put together, and super tasty little treats to boot!  My son loves these things and always asks me to make more every time I make them.  Try something new...you won't be sorry!

  Rolo Turtles

Waffle shaped pretzels
Whole pecans
Rolos

Preheat oven to 350.  Line a baking sheet with pretzels (how many depends on how many you want/need to make).  Top each pretzel with a rolo, then place cookie sheet in oven for 3-4 minutes - you just want the rolos to be softened, not melted!  Remove from oven and gently place a whole pecan on top of each one and press down just slightly.  When you've added all the pecans, place tray in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set.  Store in air tight container, in fridge or at room temp (I prefer room temp because they are best eaten at room temp).

1 comment:

  1. I love rolo turtles! They're so easy and so delicious, such a perfect snacky dessert :)

    ReplyDelete